Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A couple pictures from a presentation






Hey all,

I've added some pictures that I took a while ago to previous posts, and here I've included some pictures from meetings of the English club at TGU. Enjoy them! Since I last wrote you, I've been to a soccer game, and I've had a few more adventures with Dmitrii Denisovich, who's currently planning to do "remont", that is repairs, to our whole apartment. He's wonderful. He came and fixed our electrical outlet which was slowly burning up the wall, and he stayed for 3 hours, explaining various particularities of Soviet electrical wiring and coming up with a huge plan for suping up our place. He even plans to get us a new cable for the television, so that every kanal will be as clear as "sport". He recommends the educational programming on "culture". I'll take him up on it I think. Things are going well, though. I'm busy as can be.

More soon!
Jason

2 comments:

  1. The classroom looks very nice and acommodating. And the shot of you holding up a copy of Alma Mater pretty much made my day. -Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the American Center. It's bigger and more accomodating than the classrooms, which are generally not so great. Billy, you have incredible vision. You found the $50 bill and the copy of Alma Mater! Do you think Kluge would be interested to know that Russians got a peep of his book? Maybe not. I was talking about American liberal arts colleges and why people care enough about colleges to, say, donate money or write a book about them. I think American's are unique in the way we identify with our universities.

    ReplyDelete